Monday, October 1, 2012

Kaleidoscope

   
      For this project, we were trying to make an image that looked like a kaleidoscope.  To do this I chose an image I wanted to use, and cropped it so that it was a 5x5.  Next I flipped it forty five degrees so that it looked like a square diamond.  Then I had to use the rectangular marquee tool to select the side of the picture I wanted to delete.  I deleted that section and then made a copy of the side that I kept and flipped it horizontally.  I made sure to line the two sides up perfectly.  Then I put the blue guides crossing over the image so that it was easier to select the sections I wanted to work with.  Going around all four corners, copied each corner and flipped the new selection, flipped it horizontally, and then lined it up to the corner of the image.   I had to repeat that process for all four corners of the image.  Next, I created a new document that was a 14x14.  I moved the image that I had already made (with all of the layers merged) onto the new document.  I then copied the image three times and flipped one of the copies horizontally and two of them vertically.  Then I lined them all up to each other.  The last step was merging the layers and using the hue and saturation tool to change the color of the image.



No comments:

Post a Comment